Thursday, October 25, 2007

Funny thing happened...

Of course, it wasn't a bit funny at the time!


We are camping this week for the Halloween Celebration at the local campground. So, every morning, I take Quincey home and get myself ready for work. Well, this morning, it was raining (hard!) and when we got home, I pulled partially in the driveway and saw a large limb laying in the driveway. So I got out of the car, at 6:30 in the morning, in the pouring rain, and drug the limb off the driveway. When I went back to the car, there is Quincey, wagging his tail, toungue hanging out, and he was standing on the DOOR LOCK!! Yep! He locked me out! So, the car is halfway in the road, the lights are on, the car is running, the dog is in the car, and where is my purse, and cell phone? RIGHT! In the CAR!! Lucky for me, my in-laws live down the road. So, I walked, in the dark and the rain, to my in-laws, pounded on the door until someone got up, got my Father-in-law's key to my house, and went back to my house, praying that DH key to my car would be inside! Thankfully, it was! So, I got the key, went back to the car, unlocked it, climbed in and pulled the car to safety. At which time, I placed Quincey, ever so lovingly, in the kennel! What a way to start the day!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Starr I know at the time this wasn't so funny, but what a little stinker that Quincy is! You'll have to check out my blog too...I've added you to my blogroll!